Extreme performance and total retail and home solutions
Synology Inc. today announced the beta availability of Surveillance Station 8.1, welcoming testers around the world to join the beta testing program. Valuable feedback and suggestion will be adopted in the official release of Surveillance Station 8.1.
“With the remote recording archiving technique and the integration of POS and videos, Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta offers a complete retail solution for chain stores. Integrating with intercoms while being able to auto switch between different security levels via Geofence, Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta also brings the most convenient security experience to home users.” said Ruby Lin, Product Manager at Synology Inc., “The introduction of the GPU acceleration technique significantly reduces CPU usage and ensures a much smoother video display, letting users enjoy blazing fast performance with Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta.”
Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta includes the following new features:
- Remote recording archiving: Designed to solve problems encountered in most chain stores where storage space is limited in branches. Users can customize the recording time and event type which will be archived to the headquarter, utilizing headquarter storage, or setup the execution time for archiving tasks and conduct bandwidth control to prevent archiving tasks from affecting usual network activity.
- POS1integration: Stores can now monitor transactions with corresponding videos, and quickly resolve transaction disputes by searching historical records via an intuitive interface. Users can also customize event notifications for abnormal transactions, or interact with the Action Rule application.
- Intercom camera2integration: Intercom cameras are feature-rich devices that provide video surveillance, doorbell, door lock operation, two-way audio, and more functions. In addition to these functions and the ability to search historical records in Surveillance Station, you can also enjoy two-way audio and one-time manual access via DS cam, letting you interact with visitors no matter where you are.
- Home mode: For home security, Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta provides two different security settings depending on whether the user is at home or away. Users can switch between different security modes manually, via a schedule, or by Geofence. When switching to a different security setting, the system will adjust to different recording schedules, notification settings, stream profiles, and activate specific action rules.
- HTML5 supported3: You are no longer limited to using Surveillance Station Client or installing plugins on Internet Explorer and Safari to manage Surveillance Station, with the support for HTML5 in Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta, you can now view videos in Chrome.
- GPU acceleration4: GPUacceleration is now supported in the Windows version of Surveillance Station Client. After upgrading to Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta and enabling the GPU option, you can enjoy extreme performance via a built-in graphics card without needing to buy additional graphics cards, significantly reducing CPU usage while providing a much smoother video display.
To learn more about Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta, please visit www.synology.com/beta/SurveillanceStation_81_beta.
Synology Surveillance Station 8.1 Beta package is available to download on DSM. For more information on DSM compatibility, package installation, and applied models, please visit www.synology.com/beta/SurveillanceStation_81_beta/ReleaseNotes/#SurveillanceStation.