The solidary grape harvest Verema Solidaria is back for the second consecutive year. If you’re not already familiar with the initiative, it is solidary experience linking territory, wine and social responsibility where anyone and everyone who wishes can harvest and enjoy a day in a vineyard, contributing with funds to entities fighting poverty and social exclusion.
This activity is organized through a crowdfunding platform resulting a fantastic way of enjoying nature and living the wine making process. If you can’t make it to the vineyards you can nonetheless contribute through a “fila cero” donation being a virtual harvester and helping us spread this initiative.
All efforts will provide funds to two social entities working towards the social and work integration of youngster and seniors with intellectual disability: Fundación Astrid-21 and Fundación Mas Albornà.
This year, the Verema Solidaria will take place in two areas of Catalunya: el Penedés and el Ampurdán
The beneficiary entities were introduced in May 2017. From there on the activities took place in three phases:
- The crowdfunding platform opened July 2017
- The harvest will take place in September 2017
- The solidary wine originated from the harvest will we presented March 2018
You can sign up at www.veremasolidaria.org until the 4th of August. There you’ll get to choose the wine cellar and the type of participation while making your monetary contribution.
- September 2, Celler La Vinyeta. Mollet de Peralda, Ampurdán. Evening + dinner.
- September 16, Celler Credo. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, Penedés. Morning + lunch.
- September 17, Raventós i Blanc. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, Penedés. Morning + lunch.
- September 30, Celler Cooperatiu d´Espolla. Espolla, Ampurdán. Morning + lunch.
We will be there as “LF Channel Harvest Team” and we would love to see you there. Last year we participated and it was a fantastic experience. You can read all about it here.